Success is not a place at which one arrives, but rather the spirit with which one undertakes and continues the journey ~ Alex Noble
Each individual program is designed to help you form positive lifestyle habits, and provide you with the tools to maintain these habits.
The most important gift you can give to yourself is the gift of health. Life can get crazy, but creating healthier habits is doable and the results are incredibly rewarding. Living a healthy lifestyle should be a fun, energizing, and achievable.
Individualized Nutrition Counseling: Each session is designed ONLY for you - to fit your individual health and nutrition goals, busy schedule, tastes, and budget. You will learn how your body works and what it needs to stay healthy. You will also learn how to weed out media hype, recognize false weight loss advertisements and fad diets, as well as how to outwit misleading packaging claims and read a label like a Pro. This is not a diet program - this is a lifestyle change.
Areas of Expertise:
- Weight Control & Behavior Modification
- Sports Nutrition
- Food Sensitivities
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Disease
- Auto-immune Food Sensitivities
- Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes Management
- Cardiovascular Disease/High Cholesterol
- Hypertension/High Blood Pressure
Nutrition counseling sessions run on a bi-weekly basis. Obviously, the more you time you spend developing, establishing, and working to achieve your goals, the more success you will have in maintaining your goals. During each session, and in between sessions, you will receive my individual attention, continued guidance, and positive support. You will gain insight into barriers that have kept you from your desired health, weight, and nutrition goals. We will work together to devise behavioral management tools to help you to permanently overcome barriers, and obstacles .
What to Expect:
Each session is created to determine where you are, where you want to be, and what needs to be done to get there. General information is as follows:
- The first session is 90-minutes; subsequent sessions are 60-minutes
- E-mail and text support are offered between sessions
- Diet analysis of at least one "three-day" food record
- Recipes that are healthy, simple, and easy to prepare
- Tips and tricks to reach your nutrition, fitness, and overall wellness goals
- Food safety tips, like ‘how long should you store leftovers?’
- Simple and informative handouts to increase your nutrition knowledge
- Sleep, physical activity, stress, relationships, work, and environment analysis to determine effects on your weight, blood pressure, and overall state of wellness
- Learn how to honor your magnificent body with acceptance, forgiveness, love, respect, and self-care
- Access to my blog with the latest nutrition, recipes, exercise, and wellness tips.
- My personal attention and commitment to your success
On-site sessions not practical? I can work with you through phone consultations, or on-line.